Thursday, October 20, 2005

The doctors have said that I am eligible for this new study. As I have mentioned before, it is apparent to me that to the observer there is not much hope at this point in the study for any of its subjects. But I remain hopeful. I remain joyful in this time of uncertainty. Hope and joy that cannot come from people, feelings, or a "positive attitude" but none other than that of God.

Many have told me that believing in "myself" will get me through this. Others have said that thinking I will get out of this, will get me out. I have tried all these things and more, and have learned that we as people cannot be cured of any disease merely by thinking we will. It might help, but ultimately is it not our Creator that has the final say in whether or not we will live? I do believe He gives us the answers in His Word. He tells us that He wants us to be healed, and how to be healed. Hope in medicine and the doctors have failed me, but hope still remains in God. If it is His will to work through the medicine they are going to administer to me today, then I thank Him for it. I thank Him for the doctors, but I do not put my hope in them that they will sustain me in these times.

I am thankful for the joy He has blessed me with, so that others in similar situations may see the joy and recognize that it is not just happiness, (for who can be happy in the face of death), but joy that comes from God.

Please keep me and my family in your prayers.


Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles I pray that you will be the second Job in my life time. My friend was healed from Aplastic Anemia after the doctors had lost all hope. she went thru many trails, she remained hopeful and faithful to God. She was blessed with healing and much more. I pray that you too will be blessed with healing and a life of the abundance God has planned for you.
May God bless you always.

10:00 AM, October 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles, I know that I don't call you, as much as a friend should, to check up on how you're doing. But every week I check your blogger page to see how you're holding up.
You are a strong guy, and I know that your faith as well as your family's faith in God and in you will get you through this. I believe in you and I pray for you.

Stay strong.
Alex

3:27 PM, October 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Garcia Family,
Charles will be deeply missed. Eventhough his last part of treatment was done in Houston I thought of him almost every day. May god bless you and your family.

Dolly form Vannie Cook Mcallen

9:59 AM, January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home