Tuesday, October 25, 2005


Today I had a doctors visit as well as my blood checked. We received news that we did not expect. They told us that this new treatment has, up to this point, not worked. I know this news is supposed to bring sadness and doubt in our minds...But the same God who was with us before this news came up, is the same God who is with us now. The doctors gave me two options. The first was to continue with the treatment, and the second was to stop and to just continue with the traditional chemotherapy. I will continue to fight, for my faith in God still remains firm.

As you can imagine, this news was shocking but every day I am still grateful for what God is doing and will do in the future, for I believe that there is a future for me. I still must be patient for this road still continues. I am excited to see this testimony that I am going to have once this is all done with. I encourage you to study God's word, and hear it, and never lose your faith, whatever the "circumstance" may be, for there will always be difficult circumstances in our lives. Most people say "It's in God's hands" for all the small stuff, but when your life is threatened by an illness or by any force, it truly takes God himself for you to say the same thing as in the small stuff. Daily do I fight "reality", because reality is that there is a slim chance that I will make it much longer. Reality says that this medicine isn't working, just give up. But faith is knowing God's word, standing on it, and believing it to be done. I cannot "see" results, but the evidence of the healing we believe God has done is my faith. Will we not all experience our lowest point at one time or another in this life? Why not prepare?

Hebrews 11
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony's By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sion Lee said...

God has truly blessed you with the ability to put things into beautiful words.
Charles, I cry out to God for you. May His Will be done...

Your Sister in Christ,
Sion

3:58 PM, October 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're my hero. Just letting you know that.

God be with you, my friend.

- Jon

9:42 AM, October 28, 2005  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Hi Charles! This is Lisa. I asked Dome for your e-mail address, btu she didn't have it at the moment. first of all, I want to apologize fromt he bottom of my heart that I have not visited you in Houston. Everytime that I wanted to..something came up and then my phone stoped working..and I finally got a new one when my parents came here to visit me. I lost a lot of numbers, and I got yours again. This weekend I can not see you again..there are 3,000 people coming to the university for Cougar Preview and I am one of the Ambassadors and we are touring our school and stuff like that. I did and do think about you a lot..and now that I have a phone agian I will call you. I am keeping you at prayer in heart..and I hope you are doing well and better..and I can't wait to see you! E-mail me so I can know your e-mail address ok? My e-mail is Lisaturtle5200@aol.com
Let me know how you are..and I WILL see you soon. Please say hi to your mom for me and the rest too, ok? I need one of these..I didn't know about this website until Dome told me today. Take care!! God Bless you.
Love,
Lisa

10:30 PM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a lot of thing have happened

5:06 PM, May 10, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home