Friday, November 11, 2005

Days of peace and quiet(not literally).


(Look for the scripture references at end of this post to read the scripture that correlates with the (*1))

Well...There has been plenty of things going on in the past several days.

I have been experiencing tremendous pain in all areas of my body, I have had fevers, they discovered the presence of the "Staff" infection in my blood stream, difficulty walking and doing normal every day tasks.

But even though my physical person may suffer, I know that none of this has separated me from the love of God(*1). It even says in scripture that we are more than conquerors in Christ.

The doctors have postponed the procedures until this Monday(Nov. 14), but my family is here in Houston and my father has successfully received his first immune system boostine injections today. The infection that they say I have is being controlled because of the way I feel and look, because if it wasn't I would supposedly be in worse shape. They started me on a high dose of morphine, but now have reduced it by half and still do not have much trouble with the pain. I was thinking the other day and thought to myself, this day full of pain, full of discomfort and "bad reports", is it not a day none the less? It is more than the people who are no longer with us. So for that I told God thank you. God even tells us in the bible that we will experience tribulation but tells us to be of good cheer(*2)!!!

Also I was thinking to myself, how can someone be healed, or even cured, if they have not been sick? How can someone win first place unless something took him through the race? How can you "rise to the top" unless you were first at the bottom? How can someone truly say God's mercy is ever present in my life, unless they have reason to realize it, for it is by God's mercy that some things happen the way they do(*3).

Thank you for your continuous prayers for my family and I during this time. God's hand is ever so present and visible in my life at this time. I pray that others may see this as well.

PRAYER REQUEST: Please pray for peace and comfort to be upon my brother and sister as they enter into a new school, that they will be able to enter this school with a confident spirit that they will do well. Also continue to pray for the health of my father during this time, for the injections he is receiving is likely to cause pain and general discomfort for the time being, and his health is also important to my health for they will eventually retrieve his blood and filter out whatever needs to be and graft it into my bone marrow.


Scripture Reference:

  1. Psalm 73:26 -My flesh and my heart failed: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
  2. John 16:33 (King James Version)-These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
  3. Romans 9:16 (King James Version)-So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous aunt Nelda said...

Hi Charles! I'm so glad to hear that you are not in as much pain as before. We will continue to pray for you and your dad as well. I am amazed at the faith you have and often am reminded of that when I think I'm having a bad day. You are my inspiration and I hope and pray when you get home for good you will help teach my children the great love of God. I believe you are the miracle in our lives. May God continue to bless you and your family. We love you very much and we pray for you every day. Hope to see you again soon (Freddy and Andrew want to go see you,something about a new game)

5:32 AM, November 12, 2005  
Anonymous DOLLY said...

HI CHARLES, ACCORDING TO MY DAUGHTER THE YOUTH PRAYED FOR YOU LAST WED. AT THE X'S. MRS. TERRY GAVE THEM AN UPDATE OF WHAT'S NEW WITH YOU. IT'S A BLESSING TO BELONG TO THE FAMILY OF JESUS. YOU HAVE EVERYBODY PRAYING FOR YOU AND BE ENCOURAGED THE VICTORY IS YOURS. WHAT THE ENEMY INTEND FOR EVIL GOD WILL TURN IT AROUND FOR GOOD. JUST KEEP UP THE FAITH AND CONTINUE TO BE STRONG. IT'S VERY ENCOURAGING TO SEE WHAT GOD IN DOING TO YOUR INNER MAN. WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOUR DAD ASWELL AS FOR YOUR BROTHER AND SISTER. I'M SURE THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ADJUST AND FIND NEW FRIENDS SO EASILY. GOD IS GONNA SEND FRIENDS THEIR WAY. SAY HELLO TO YOUR MOM. HOPE TO SEE YOU IN CHURCH SOON...

11:38 PM, November 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home