Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving successful!
The Thanksgiving holidays were truly something to be thankful for. All of my hospital visits went smoothly and successfully.
My family and I went to a Nigerian church today and was blessed with a message that I once have studied on my own, but until today have heard a more detailed sermon on it. The preacher talked about how we should be thankful for this past year, but more importantly he preached on "investments" we make during our lives. He based his sermon on a verse that I find very profound. A verse that should, when read, cause anyone to think for a while. It is found in the book of Matthew.
Matthew 6:
19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
This verse relates to my current circumstance greatly. Ever since I was diagnosed and ultimately accepted God's gift of salvation, I have had to make an investment. Either I was going to invest my time, energy, thought, and patience in the "world", or I was going to invest all these things in heaven. I had to ask myself some important questions and make some important decisions. "What am I doing with my time?", "What kind of conversations am I having with people?", "Are my thoughts really doing the best for me?"...I made a decision to store my treasures in heaven from then on. By what we do, what we say, and what we think, all counts towards our treasure.
We all have heard this at one point or another in our lives, this topic...But how many of us have actually chosen to do something about it?
I believe that God has given us all a spiritual gift, and also believe that He has blessed me with a gift of words and writing. I asked Him to give me a poem that I may give to those who need encouragement including the patients and there family. This just may bless you as well.
From my heart to yours


From my heart to yours,
a symbol of my love
tested by fire
shown true
and faithful.

For they say I should be gone,
That there is no hope,
A quite whisper…
To just go home.

To whom do we turn in such a time,
when this world fails,
when our foundation crumbles,
and there seems to be no way?

We cry out,
seeking refuge in a time of war.
An enemy with death in mind,
But we find refuge Alas!

Expected to be defeated,
We find strength in God,
He who comforts us in our sorrows,
Who heard us when we mourned.

But now our eyes are cleared,
We see the truth,
That in our weakness He is made strong,
That after sorrow comes joy,
And through trial comes patience.
So we press on…towards the prize in the end having done all, to stand.

-From my heart to yours.

By: Charles Garcia

3 Comments:

Anonymous Aaron said...

Charles, Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope your family and granny had a great time over the holiday. I really like that long verse you wrote... you should publish that. Take Care chalie

8:18 PM, November 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles,

I just read your poem. Man was it incredible. God has truly given you a gift my friend. We consistently pray for you asking God to reveal his glory to you, your family, and those you come into contact with. We long for the day where we are free from this season of life and can enjoy each others company talking about the great things we've learned about God during our trials. God is good.....and He calls us FRIEND!! To know you and I are a friend of God overwhelms me some times. God bless you my friend.

Chaney P.

11:29 AM, November 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI CHARLES, THAT'S A BEAUTIFUL POEM. WHAT THE ENEMY INTEND FOR EVIL GOD WILL TURN IT AROUND INTO GOOD. THE ENEMY CAN'T KEEP YOU DOWN, FOR EVEN IN YOUR SICK BED YOU STILL REACH OUT TO PEOPLE, ENCOURAGING AND UPLIFTING NOT ONLY THE SICK BUT ANYBODY WHO READ YOUR WEBSITE. YOU BUILT UP PEOPLE'S FAITH. SO YOU SEE CHARLES, THE ENEMY MUST REALLY BE MAD BEC. HE CAN'T KEEP YOU SILENT. THANKS TO THE INTERNET. THIS TOO IS A BLESSING AND A GIFT FROM GOD. YOU CAN EVEN COMFORT THOSE IN THE OTHER PART OF THE WORLD. OUR GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH THIS TX. THE CHURCH IS PRAYING FOR YOU, I'M SURE YOU KNOW THIS. BY THE WAY TODAY SUNDAY IS THE CHISTMAS PROGRAM IN CHURCH. KIDS AND TEENS WILL PERFORM. HOPE A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL COME AND HEAR THE TRUE MESSAGE OF CHRISTMAS AND COME TO KNOW JESUS PERSONALLY. I'M SURE YOU MISS OUR CHURCH HERE BUT WE'LL SEE YOU ONCE YOU GET BACK HOME TO THE VALLEY. SAY HELLO TO YOUR MOM FROM NORA, CARMEN AND LISA. HOW ARE YOUR SIS AND BROD DOING IN SCHOOL? HOW'S YOUR DAD? GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

DOLLY.

1:31 AM, December 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home