Tuesday, December 06, 2005


Day four of Chemo!!!
I am grateful to God that He has reduced the side affects of these harsh chemo therapies. My faith in God is proving real. Even though the doctors had bad news, they also had another plan that they say is hopeful to get me to the bone marrow transplant. But our hope is in the Lord Jesus.
Lately I have heard people wondering if I ever pray or if I ever quote scriptures to myself and so forth. Well, I have an answer to those people who have that in mind, and maybe not to all of them. My relationship with God is one that is genuine. Meaning that I do not have to formulate some plan to spend time with him, or try to fit Him into MY schedule.
My relationship with God is not like that. It is not some routine that I have to follow just to get through the day. If I don't read the bible for several days that relationship I have with him will tell me so, whereas someone who has a routine relationship with Him will just feel condemned by the devil or just be himself that he hasn't done something.
The relationship that I have found that He wants me to have is one where He is completely under control, and where I live by faith. Also where I know that it is not myself who has the ability to get through all this, it is by God's mercy that I am here today and that I survive every treatment they gave me. I don't wake up every morning looking foward to that one houre this afternon of prayer, or thiry minutes of reading. No, Let God direct you in your day, wake up with prayer for the day read a scripture out of your devotional or something. Throughout the day meditate upon what you read and let God talk to you throughout the day . May the whole day be open to God, not only our schedule to read or pray to God, because when we do the routine relationship then we will get routine results out of God.
The reason why I speak of these things is because it pertains to me greatly at this time. As I wake up in the morning I give Jesus a prayer of thanksgiving for life and protection. Throughout the day I constantly speak with God reminding Him of all His wonderous works and His faithfullnes to me. Give a smile to someone who needs one. Basically let God be Lord over our life.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, very true. I think everyone's relationship with their creator should be like this.

-Aaron

5:53 PM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger Victor said...

The Holy Spirit is working in your life, your dad's life and my life. I met your dad at work and from day one, I knew I was there for a reason. I don't believe I've ever told him this, but I just knew God wanted me to speak to him, I just didn't know about what. As time passed I came to know about your situation and his co-workers, including I, quickly rallied to obtain donations and prayer support. I'll never forget the day he got back and I remember seeing the sadness in his face and it was then that God gave me an opportunity to speak to him, and so I did. We talked and I tried my best to answer his questions about why things happen a certain way and for what reason and so forth. I did the best I could, but I didn't have all the answers. It was comforting to know that you were already saved, and I knew in my heart that you were praying for your dad to have faith in God. By his grace, I can honestly say that your father walks a different path. He loves you and cares for you deeply as a father should. In talking with him, I too have changed certain things in my life to better my walk with our Lord Jesus Christ. This past week, something really cool happened? Your dad and I were talking about prayer, and then you covered the exact same topic the very next day (blog) without ever having talked to your dad! Coencidence? I think not. I'll keep praying for you and your family. May God bless you Charly, and continue to find yourself in HIS favor.

9:01 PM, December 08, 2005  
Anonymous rosendo hinojosa said...

Charles,
The mere fact that you have survived this ordeal is a testament of GOD's will for you and your strong belief in HIM. We are praying that he blesses ou with a long and healthy life so that you can spread his word even more than you have done over these last several months. We Love You,
The Hinojosa's

8:36 AM, December 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Charles, Nice to see your beutiful smile. Just want you to know I always think of you and pray the lord be with you always. Just want you to know that you are one of my favorite patient. Here at Doctor Hospital @ Rennaissance. I was so happy to read about you. You are an insperation to me and a very very very stong gentalmen. Who I admire for the faith you got in the Lord. God Bless You. I wish you the best of health for Christmas and alwalys. All I want for Christmas is to here good health news from you. That would be the best present. I will be praying for you and your family. God bless your mother for being the women she is for being there for you and God Bless all of your love ones and give you all strenght and courage to keep going.
No more time God Bless You Always.
Elisa

1:56 AM, December 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Charles

I know you can read this, for your spirit lives in everyone you have touched with your writings. I am a Peace Officer with the Mission Police Dept. and do remember reading the article when you basement was given a make over. Today I also read that you are no longer with us in body, but I know you are still with us in spirit. I know you are, because after I read about you I cannot stop crying. Here I am a Police Officer, we are suppose to be strong, bold some people even think we have no heart, yet I know what is hurting right now in me, is my heart. Charles, God placed on earth for a purpose and Gods message of love echoes through you and your writings. Your parents should be very proud of you and should thank the blessings God bestowed on them through you. Your small time spent on earth will echoe through eternity. God Bless you and your family for being an inspiration to all of us that are not so fortunate.

5:43 AM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger studentdoctor said...

Hi, I'm a medical student at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. I was wondering if your son ever received the bone marrow transplant he so desperately needed? And if he didn't, please tell me why. Thank you.

6:11 PM, January 15, 2006  
Blogger ErrandConcierge said...

What a wonderful heartfelt post.
The mind that coined those words really felt them.

I guess life is all about
"What you do today will echo through Eternity"

Hoselita Ikoli
Awakening The Consciousness Of Man
To Its Fullest Potential So As To Create A Harmonious and Balanced Society Beneficial To All.

http://www.errandconcierge.com

6:10 PM, September 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home