Saturday, December 03, 2005

Here is my grandma and I spending much needed time together(above).
Here are two of my aunts and I just hanging out in the hospital
I am so grateful to them for taking time out of their day to visit me.
Bone Marrow Results:
Some of results of the bone marrow biopsy have came back. This afternoon my mother entered my hospital room with a look of sorrow on her face. I asked her if the results were good or bad. She said bad. That the doctors found a lot of leukemia cells in the bone marrow. My mother and I had our moment of crying and comforting each other with the word of God. My nurse also comforted us and helped in every way possible.
After this time of sorrow, God lifted us up with his peace and joy.
Now I will have to undergo a week of intense chemotherapy where at the end of the treatment will have to undergo another week of intense chemotherapy and radiation in preparation for the Bone Marrow Transplant. Alone these two weeks should be the most intense treatment that I have ever experianced. But With God nothing is impossible. He is not the author of suffering, but of life.
Psalm 27
Of David. 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?
Please pray. Fervently pray that God give us strength. The strength to withstand the attacks of the devil by night.
Please pray for the treatment. Pray that it will work exactly the way it is formulated to work. They will be administering two chemo's, one of which is new. I am going into this by faith.
Faith that requires no distractions. Recquires no waivering or stumbling. This is the time in which God has been preparing me for, a final exam of my faith and patience. The term perseverance comes in to play at this time. I must persevere.
Acts 10:34-38
34Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. 36You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. 37You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Pastor John said...

Hey Charles I want you to know that all of us at Good Shepherd are praying and believing with you. In the name of Jesus we thank God you are healed.
Pastor John

11:32 AM, December 14, 2005  
Anonymous Leah L. Berry said...

I am going keep this blog and read from it on a daily basis. It will remind how lucky we are to have a soul as beautiful as Charles touch our lives. Because of him we will all take a deeper breath when we step out into the beautiful world. We will smile easier, hug a little harder and thank God that Charles has remined us how beautiful and short our lives are. It's easy to hold back, and hard let go and just be good. Thanks to this precious soul, he has cleared a path and made it easier to love, and to remember the really important things. You know, kissing your wife good bye, noticing the butterfly floating in the air and actually stopping to look. Thank you Charles

Leah L. Berry :)

11:08 AM, December 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home