Thursday, December 29, 2005

It brings me great sadness to inform you that on Thursday, December 29, 2005, Charles went to be with the Lord. He is once again rejoicing and has been made whole! Do not fret, because Charles loved the Lord and had faith that is uncommon. He touched the lives of many with his encouraging words, writings, bible studies, prayers and poems. He will leave a lasting legacy for the Lord and people from all over will see God's faith and grace through Charles and many seeds will continue to be planted.

God will continue to use Charles mightily. Charles did not plan to touch the lives of so many, but only intended to live for God. A by product of his committed faith is the work that we see occurring today. A true testimony of how what the enemy intended for bad, God turned around for good! What a testimony! Charles has inadvertently touched the lives of so many and we know he is rejoicing in heaven.

I thank God that while we endured a horrible storm over the past year and a half, we are still standing! God was honing our faith all along, and it has been galvanized, tested by fire, has endured wind and rain, and ultimately death. Thank God that we remain standing! And after the calm of the storm we thank God for removing the sting from our mourning. We will miss Charles, yes, but he would not want us to mourn without the hope of joy returning to our hearts soon. God has showered us with His grace and love that only He can deliver. Again, we thank God for all He has done and will continue to do in our lives and for the blessings He has provided our family during this past Christmas and this New Year. I can only pray that everyone reading this will be blessed by God this New Year and will come to seek and understand the kind of joy and love only He is capable of providing regardless of ANY circumstance.

Charles we love you and miss you!! We rejoice in knowing that you are made perfect and will never suffer again!

2 Timothy 4:6-8

For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time
has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the
race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of
righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on
that day-and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his
appearing.


Throughout the past few days, and even prior to Charles’ passing, God has not given us one reason to doubt Him. We have not for one second asked God why Charles was taken from us. We understand that God’s understanding is not our own. We will remain focused on Him and we will continue to be thankful!

For the “denial” theorists out there, I pray that you too come to understand faith in God and be consumed by His grace, love and joy. Then you can celebrate and stand firm regardless of any storm in life that comes your way.

We are finding more of Charles’ writings and poems in his personal journals, notebooks and computer. We will post them as we continue the journey on his blog. We encourage everyone reading this blog to share it with others as a testimony of what faith can do!

This poem was found only yesterday morning, and is yet another testimony of Charles’ faith in God. I pray that it speaks to your heart as it has ours.

Trustworthy One

Our lives at times are smooth,
We thank God for the small things,
We smile and act strong,
But that’s not all life has to bring.

To stand even when there seems to be no ground,
To trust God amidst the storm and wave,
Is to know He is God.
The same God who delivered you from the small,
Is He not great enough for the big?

Oh, Trustworthy One,
Who is there when we seem to have it all
Watching over us
Waiting for the fall?
One who is our fortress
Even to the very end.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Melva Martinez said...

I saw Charles' Obituary today, which led me to this site. I am deeply sorry for the loss of this young man's life. I appreciate my life more and of others because of what I have read. May God bless the family.

11:52 AM, January 04, 2006  
Anonymous Dan, Elizabethtown KY said...

I am a Louisville Cardinals fan, so ofcourse I'm an Elvis Dumervil fan as well. I just read about Charles' visit with Elvis recently and was impressed by how much he touched Dumervil. He was obviously very special to your family, to Dumervil, and to countless others. Many UofL fans were touched by this story and pray that Charles' story and his fight will reach and encourage others.

7:34 AM, January 08, 2006  
Anonymous Bevelry Hall said...

God's blessings to you and your family, it already seems that you were truly blessed by Charles' faith and love of life. My husband gave me the article in the paper today in the sports section, even he cried, so I had to come to this place that is written so beautifully by Charles and what I see and read as very loving parents.
I too lost a loved one, my mother, to breast cancer, she was 63 but still too young, as Charles was to go Home. I know that He has his reasons, but it doesn't make it any easier to lose someone that you love.
Our daughter is 17, I pray everytime she leaves the house driving that she will be safe. I want her to graduate in May and go to college in the fall. She is going to get her nursing degree at Texas Woman's University to be a pediatric nurse practitioner, (originally she wanted to work in the neonatal unit)working with cancer patients at Texas Children's Hospital. She said that if she can help make a difference in the life of the children that are terminal or or that will "make it", that is what she wants to do.
After reading about Charles it just seemed that on this Sunday morning I was led to write to you.

I have said a prayer for Charles, he was a very handsome young man, what a beautiful writer he was. Charles is now in his place with His maker, we are only put on this earth for the time that He wants us here to do His work. I truly believe that we are all here for a reason, sometimes we know what some of those reasons are and sometimes we don't. You as Charles' parents were given Charles to make him the young man that he was, and in his life, I am sure that he changed your lives in many ways and God will bless you in many ways to come until it is your time to be with Charles again.

May God Bless You and be with you as you continue to do His work in your lives.

Beverly Hall

7:43 AM, January 08, 2006  
Anonymous Norman Bradshaw said...

I read about Charles in the Houston Chronicle. What a loss it is that he is no longer with is but what a blessing it is that he was. He was an incredible young man who did more good in his short life than most people do who live four times as long. God bless him and all of his family.

8:50 PM, January 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read the article on Charles online in the Monitor which ofcourse led me to his blog. From the sounds of it he was and outstanding young man that will be remembered by alot of people. The story and blog really has touched me in a way that you wil understand. See I have a brother (18 years old from Progreso) also with ALL here in Houston at MD Anderson. He is fighting the same fight Charles fought and with the same determinationa and heart. I pray everyday that things will turn out ok. I never met or knew Charles but I will always remember him!

7:14 AM, January 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read about Charles about 2 days ago and was sadden about his loss. He was a winner till the end. He's home!!! Personally, I never met charles until I read about him. From reading his writtings I can easily tell you he was a fighter. May the Lord be with you all. And when you feel sad about his departure home just think about how strong he was. Think about the battle he fought and still came out a winner. My prayers are with you, Charles family. Remember, He will always be watching over you.

5:34 PM, January 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carlos and Valerie:
I was saddened to hear about Charles passing. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Thank you so much for sharing Charles with us along with all his poems. Charles has touched my life and I am sure the lives of other people.
God Bless you and your family.
Norma

11:13 AM, January 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't ever want to feel this way again. and i tried and said i'd never feel this way again. i don't know if i am the boxer or the bag.

7:24 PM, May 19, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home