Tuesday, December 13, 2005

An update on Charles for all the wonderful people who have been following Charles' progress and keeping him in prayer.

On Friday, December 09, Charles experienced a setback and was admitted to Texas Children's Hospital in Houston with a serious bacterial infection and has been suffering from what is best described as septic shock. Septic shock can be extremely dangerous and usually impedes the normal functioning of most major organs, including the heart and lungs.

Charles is currently stable, breathing on his own (and with some assistance) and he has been sedated since early Saturday morning.

The doctors tell us that they will run tests on his heart and kidneys today (Tuesday) because they are not functioning at their peak.

*****PRAISE REPORTS*****
While Charles has gone through a few bumps on the road since Friday, he has come out on top and for that I give all the glory and thanks to God!
I thank God that Charles is reaching out to people for Christ and that he is an encourager despite his own afflictions. I also thank God for allowing me the opportunity give Charles over to Him for his glory.

I Thank God that doctors quickly discovered the source of infection (catheter in his chest used to infuse chemo)!

I Thank God that the many possible life threatening complications involved in removing the catheter due to his condition at the time of surgery, did not happen!

I Thank God that as I'm writing this update Charle's kidney function is doing better and the heart test results show no signs of continued deterioration!

I Thank God that Charles is asleep and is as comfortable as can be and is at one of the best pediatric ICU's in the country!
I Thank God that many reading this will help him with prayer for a speedy recovery.

*****PRAYER REQUEST*****
Pray for the team of doctors, nurses and technicians, and that they are given guidance, wisdom and knowledge from God to perform their perfect work in Charles.
Pray for Charles' healing from any and all infection in his body.
Pray for God's protection over his organs.
Pray for God's continued plan for healing Charles from leukemia even if it includes a bone marrow transplant.
Pray that my family will continue to grow in faith despite what we are going through.
Pray for God's peace and comfort over my family.
Scripture from the groaning of Charles' heart:
I love the Lord because he hears and answers my prayers
because he bends down and listens,
I will pray as long as I have breath!
Death had its hands around my throat;
the terrors of the grave overtook me.
I saw only trouble and sorrow.
Then I called on the name of the Lord:
"Please, Lord, save me!"
How kind the Lord is! How good He is!
So merciful, this God of ours!
The Lord protects those of childlike faith;
I was facing death, and then He saved me.
Now I can rest again,
for the Lord has been so good to me.
He has saved me from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling.
And so I walk in the Lord's presence
as I live hear on earth!
Psalms 116:1-09

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charlie and Valerie,

I know that you are very busy tending to Charles, however, I justed wanted to drop you a note to let you know that our family is praying for Charles. As parents, you can be very proud of the fine young man you have nurtured with your love and guidance. I am amazed by Charles' strong will and belief in GOD. We love you and Charles and pray that GOD allows Charles to bless us with his presence for yours many years to come. Rest assured that your family is in our prayers and if there is anything that we can do for you, let us know.

Love,

The Rosendo Hinojosa family

8:00 AM, December 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charles,

You are a young man of great courage and faith. I like the scripture that was posted under "Scripture from the groanings of Charles'heart" - Psalm 116:1-9. I will lift that scripture up daily on your behalf in agreement with you. Look at verse 16 of the same chapter: "you have freed me from my chains". I pray that God will remove the chains of sickness and disease from your body in the Name of Jesus.

Charlie and Valerie I thank God for His daily mercy in upholding you both, as well as, Charles. May He supply you every need according to His riches in glory.

TW - Good Shepherd

11:08 AM, December 15, 2005  
Anonymous Pastor John said...

Charles,
We at Good Shepherd are praying and believing with you for a complete recovery. We thank God that you are healed and whole. The word says it, we believe it.

1:11 PM, December 15, 2005  
Anonymous DOLLY said...

CHARLES, I BELIEVE IN MY HEART THAT AS YOU ARE BEING SEDATED GOD IN HIS POWER IS STILL MINISTERING TO YOU AND STRENTHENING YOUR INNER MAN. HE WORKS IN MISTERIOUS WAYS AND WHATEVER IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH MAN, WITH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE. I SPEAK LIFE AND HEALING TO YOUR BODY. YOU WILL WAKE UP AND READ ALL THE NOTES THAT PEOPLE LEFT FOR YOU WHEN YOU WERE RESTING IN DEEP SLEEP. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AND CONTINUE TO GROW STRONG IN THE LORD. CHURCH OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD IS PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. THE YOUTH IN THE XS ARE DOING THE SAME. IN OUR PRAYER GROUP IN ONE OF MY FRIEND'S HOUSE LAST FRIDAY WE ALSO PRAYED FOR YOU. GUESS WHO WAS IN THE GROUP? YOUR MOM KNOWS THEM, [ LISA, CARMEN, NORA WITH THEIR HUSBANDS AND SOME OTHER FRIENDS]. THE ENEMY IS REALLY MAD BECAUSE OF ALL THESE PRAYER WARRIORS IN YOUR BEHALF. FAITH AND PRAYER ARE OUR ONLY WEAPON AGAINST THE ENEMY OF OUR SOUL. WE BELIEVED FOR GOOD REPORTS. WE LOVE YOU. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND THE WHOLE FAMILY.

1:50 AM, December 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home