Thursday, December 15, 2005

Update on Charles...

Charles is stable and continues to improve since this past Tuesday. This should not be a surprise since God's hand is about him and we declare that Charles has already been healed, thank God!

Doctors report that he is still recovering and is very ill. They also say that they will need to do a cat scan on his brain to determine if any brain damage has occurred. Well, Valerie and I are standing firm in our faith given to us by God! We are not waiting for, nor are we relying on any report from the doctors. Our perfect doctor and healer, Jesus Christ, has already declared the perfect report.

We will persevere and continue to stand firm because in Hebrews 10:23 it says:

Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the
hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to
keep his promise.

So we are trusting God and his word!

Charles had recently written some encouraging messages which he passed out to several young cancer patients and their parents. Here is a portion of his writings...

"I write this to you by faith, that you will be encouraged by God as I have through this time of trial and tribulation."

As one who has been through much and has experienced pain, I feel called, being given a gift of words by God to write this to you, knowing that you yourself have experienced much no matter how long it's been, or how hopeless it may appear. For to read a book or letter or even so much as to hear words from one who has not been in your shoes, does little compared to someone who is told he has no hope with medicine or science. Therefore, I write this with compassion and understanding, that I can share not the pain and suffering I have come through, but what it, through Christ has produced. Even in scripture does it continually speak of tribulations producing certain things. In Romans 5:3-4 it says:

...we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience: and patience experience and experience hope...


Since Charles cannot use a computer and his cell phone at this time, I'm sure he will get back to all of his friends and family that have left him messages asap! In the meanwhile, I (Charles' dad) will be updating his blog for him.

God bless You All!

3 Comments:

Blogger Victor said...

We had heard of the complications from your partner, and we just couldn't believe it. One of the guys said, "Why would that happen?" My response was, "there is a purpose for everything and only HE knows why". I'm sure glad you've taken the time to update us on your son's condition! Both your partner and I had left you messages on your phone hoping we could we make contact and make sure you were alright. You can disregard those messages, just be sure to update this blog as often as you can. We'll continue praying, and just continue to have faith in our Savior Jesus Christ.

10:57 AM, December 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God give you the strength to recover and share your love and faith with all around you. We all love you Charles and want you to be healed by Heavenly Father.

12:44 PM, December 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 103:2-3 – Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases. (KJV)
3 He pardons all my guilt and heals all my suffering. (New English Bible)
3 … He takes away all your diseases. (Basic English)
3 … Who is healing all thy disease. (Young)

CONFESSION:
Bless the Lord, Jehovah-Rapha, O my soul. Blessed be God the Father. Lord, I praise You. Lord, I thank You and praise You for Your benefits. You forgive all my sins, all my faults, all my failures and disobedience. You heal all my diseases, and I thank You for it. Healing belongs to me as part of the New Covenant. Healing is my redemptive right. Thank You, Father, for healing all my diseases!
[note: A benefit is a condition of a contract, not a bonus thrown in extra at the discretion of the employer.)

God Bless You!

6:09 AM, December 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home